WATCH ON BBC ONE & BBC IPLAYER
BBC Radio 2 and BBC One are raising the curtain with a very special show direct from the West End, the US and beyond, featuring a spectacular cast of UK and international stars performing songs from some of the worlds best-loved musicals.
We are excited to reveal that four of Andrew’s shows will participate in the event: Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella, The Phantom of the Opera, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Sunset Boulevard.
Hosted on radio and television by multi-award winning performer Sheridan Smith, the event puts the songs, the shows, and the stars, back on stage at the world-famous London Palladium. It will be broadcast from 7pm – 9pm on Sunday 31 January on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds, and as a 75-minute show in February on BBC One and BBC iPlayer. It will be available on BBC iPlayer for a year after broadcast.
The performance highlights – some exclusively for the Radio 2 broadcast – include (note, plans are subject to change at short notice):
- Amanda Holden and Sheridan Smith perform I Know Him So Well, from Chess. The song, originally performed by Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson, reached Number 1 in the UK Pop Charts in 1985 remains the best-selling song by a female duo
- Nicole Scherzinger with Never Enough from The Greatest Showman – with her performance recorded in Los Angeles
- Exclusively for Radio 2, Josh Groban sings The Impossible Dream from Man Of La Mancha – with his vocal performance recorded in Los Angeles
- Exclusively for Radio 2, Elaine Paige with Sunset Boulevard’s As If We Never Said Goodbye. Elaine made her Broadway debut in Sunset Boulevard in 1996
- Gavin Spokes, from the West End production of Hamilton, performs You’ll Be Back
- Michael Ball performs You Can’t Stop The Beat from Hairspray
- Sheridan Smith performs Don’t Rain On My Parade from Funny Girl
- An exclusive first performance by Ivano Turco of Only You, Lonely You from Cinderella (which is due to open in London in 2021).
- The cast of SIX The Musical performing SIX
- Ramin Karimloo sings The Music Of The Night from The Phantom Of The Opera
- The three West End lead actors of MAMMA MIA! perform Dancing Queen
- Aisha Jawando of the West End production of TINA, The Tina Turner Musical performs The Best
- Lea Salonga performs I Dreamed A Dream from Les Misérables – with her performance recorded in Manila
- Layton Williams of Everybody’s Talking About Jamie performs The Wall In My Head
- Sam Tutty sings You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen, alongside members of the West End cast
- Nicole Raquel Dennis of Dreamgirls with And I Am Telling You
- Kerry Ellis sings Defying Gravity from Wicked
- Exclusively for Radio 2, Christine Allado and Alexia Khadime perform the Oscar-winning song When You Believe from The Prince Of Egypt
- Jac Yarrow, with the public, performing Any Dream Will Do from Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat