- Aspects of Love
- Bombay Dreams
- By Jeeves
Jesus Christ Superstar
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: 40 Musical Years
- Jesus Christ Superstar to tour Australia
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour 2013
- Jesus Christ Superstar LIVE Arena Tour DVD/Blu-Ray released!
- Andrew joins the cast on stage at the M.E.N. [Photos]
- Stars turn out for opening weekend of Jesus Christ Superstar
- Fourth London show added to Arena Tour!
- Watch the official trailer for ITV’s Superstar
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Andrew announces casting panel for ITV1 Superstar
- ITV1 and Andrew Lloyd Webber today announce ‘Superstar’
- Jesus Christ Superstar celebrates 40 years!
- Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway
- Jesus Christ Superstar to move to La Jolla Playhouse
- Andrew and Tim Rice appear on The Culture Show
- The 25th Anniversary production of Jesus Christ Superstar
- Jesus Christ Superstar Opens in London
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Love Never Dies
- Song and Dance
- Starlight Express
- Stephen ward
- Sunset Boulevard
- Tell Me on a Sunday
- The Beautiful Game
- The Likes of Us
- The Phantom of the Opera
- The Sound of Music
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Woman in White
- Whistle Down the Wind
18th, January, 2012
ITV1 and Andrew Lloyd Webber today announce ‘Superstar’
ITV1 and Andrew Lloyd Webber today announce Superstar – a brand new show that will give the British public the chance to choose the country’s next major rock star.
The winner’s life-changing prize will be the leading role in a new arena tour of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s legendary rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar which will open at London’s O2 arena.
Superstar will be television’s first ‘school of rock’, helping talented singers achieve their potential. Andrew Lloyd Webber hopes the British public will help him discover an extraordinary new voice to fill the country’s largest arenas.
Andrew Lloyd Webber says: “Presenting a new, 2012 version of Jesus Christ Superstar for arenas is truly exciting. Some of the best performances of this show have been in rock venues and I’m thrilled to see the show return to its roots. ITV is providing the perfect platform for us to find a new, British Superstar.”
Andrew Lloyd Webber has previously discovered brilliant new stars for West End productions of The Sound of Music, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Oliver! and The Wizard of Oz. Theatre audiences have grown, there has been an increase in musical theatre licensing by amateur societies and a surge in applications at stage schools.
“It is the public who lead the casting process and they’ve got it absolutely right four times already. It’s been wonderful to see the careers of so many of the contestants blossom, so it will be especially fascinating to see who the public chooses as their Superstar!” says Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Auditions will take place across the country during February-March in London, Dublin, Belfast, Manchester, Glasgow and Cardiff. The UK’s most promising new talent will perform on stage in the hope of impressing the casting panel for a place in the final live shows.
The casting team will whittle down the numbers for the live shows featuring those they believe have potential to become a superstar.
Lloyd Webber will be joined by a carefully selected panel of judges to help him in his search. But ultimately it will be up to the British public to decide who they want to be his Superstar and play Jesus.
Elaine Bedell, ITV’s Director of Entertainment & Comedy, says: “We are asking ITV viewers to help us find a new superstar – in every sense of the word. We’re looking for the kind of performer who can fill arenas – and produce a rocking performance to match.”
Kevin Lygo, Managing Director of ITV Studios says: “Live primetime entertainment is at the heart of ITV Studios and we’re delighted to be working with Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber to bring this nationwide search to ITV1.”
Superstar is executive produced by Peter Davey with Katharine Begg as series producer.
Superstar is an ITV Studios production for ITV1.
How to Apply:
Please go to www.itv.com/superstar for full details on how to apply and audition. Anyone can apply over the age of 18 yrs, be it professional or amateur.
And for the latest news on Jesus Christ Superstar, visit www.reallyuseful.com and sign up for our newsletter.