- Aspects of Love
- Bombay Dreams
- By Jeeves
Jesus Christ Superstar
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: 40 Musical Years
- Jesus Christ Superstar to tour Australia
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour 2013
- Jesus Christ Superstar LIVE Arena Tour DVD/Blu-Ray released!
- Andrew joins the cast on stage at the M.E.N. [Photos]
- Stars turn out for opening weekend of Jesus Christ Superstar
- Fourth London show added to Arena Tour!
- Watch the official trailer for ITV’s Superstar
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Andrew announces casting panel for ITV1 Superstar
- ITV1 and Andrew Lloyd Webber today announce ‘Superstar’
- Jesus Christ Superstar celebrates 40 years!
- Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway
- Jesus Christ Superstar to move to La Jolla Playhouse
- Andrew and Tim Rice appear on The Culture Show
- The 25th Anniversary production of Jesus Christ Superstar
- Jesus Christ Superstar Opens in London
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Love Never Dies
- Song and Dance
- Starlight Express
- Stephen ward
- Sunset Boulevard
- Tell Me on a Sunday
- The Beautiful Game
- The Likes of Us
- The Phantom of the Opera
- The Sound of Music
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Woman in White
- Whistle Down the Wind
12th, March, 2012
Andrew announces casting panel for ITV1 Superstar
ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER INVITES MELANIE C & JASON DONOVAN TO ASSIST HIM ON BRAND NEW ENTERTAINMENT SHOW – SUPERSTAR
- TO BE ANNOUNCED: THE PANEL OF JUDGES FOR THE LIVE SHOWS WHO WILL JOIN HEAD JUDGE ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
- HEAD JUDGE ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER WELCOMES MELANIE C & JASON DONOVAN TO ASSIST HIM IN HIS SEARCH FOR A SUPERSTAR
ITV1 today confirmed that Melanie C and Jason Donovan would be joining the Superstarteam for the final auditions. This experienced duo, along with casting expert David Grindrod will assist Andrew Lloyd Webber as he decides on those finalists who will go through to the live studio shows on ITV1 this Summer.
All finalists will be battling it out on stage to sing the title role of Jesus in Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s legendary rock opera, Jesus Christ Superstar. This new rock production will play in arenas nationwide and demands not only the highest vocal standards but also someone that can act and engage with a massive arena audience.
Andrew Lloyd Webber has selected Melanie C and Jason Donovan as they have previously performed on arena tours as pop stars and have also made the successful transition to the West End stage. As such, they will feedback into Andrew Lloyd Webber after spending time with the budding hopefuls watching them perform, sing and act. Andrew Lloyd Webber will oversee the casting process at all times.
Andrew Lloyd Webber said: “I’m pleased to appoint David, Jason and Melanie to assist me with the candidates during Callbacks as I select my final 40 to go further for intensive training. They will be using their unique arena and stage experience to help me narrow down my choices for the live shows. What we’re looking for is a rock star who will go on to sing the role of Jesus in the UK’s first ever arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar.”
British singer-songwriter Melanie C has a hugely successful music background, both as a solo artist and within the Spice Girls. She was also nominated for Best Actress at the 2010 Olivier Awards for her role as Mrs Johnstone in the musical Blood Brothers by Willy Russell in London’s West End.
“I’m a huge fan of Andrew’s incredible work over the years. I am honoured and excited to work along side him helping to find a performer with the raw talent and charisma to play the title role of Jesus” said Melanie C.
Jason Donovan famously starred as lead in the 1992 West End revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which received two Laurence Olivier Awards. Other stage highlights include; The Rocky Horror Show, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert to name a few. His lead role in Joseph earned him his third UK No 1 single with Any Dream Will Do and to date he’s sold over 3 million records in the UK with four UK No 1 singles.
“We’ve got an amazing challenge ahead of us, helping Andrew in his quest to find someone to play the title role of Jesus in the new arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar. I can’t wait to start working with Andrew again” said Jason Donovan
Auditions have already taken place across the country in London, Dublin, Belfast, Manchester, Glasgow and Cardiff. The next stage after this will be Callbacks, if the auditionees are successful, they’ll then enter a week long ‘pop up’ performance school that’s designed to bring out the very best in acting and vocal ability.
Once the finalists are chosen by Andrew Lloyd Webber they’ll then perform for the ‘Live Show Judges’ – a separate star studded panel of Judges who will appear exclusively on the live shows when they start this Summer on ITV1.
These judges will offer their opinions to each of the finalists on stage as they battle it out to win the votes of the British public.
The winner’s prize will be the leading role in a new arena tour of the legendary rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber which will open at London’s O2 arena later this year.
Superstar is executive produced by Peter Davey with Katharine Begg as series producer.
Superstar is an ITV Studios production for ITV1. Visit www.jesuschristsuperstar.com.