- Over The Rainbow Canada
- Andrew on This Morning
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Official Diamond Jubilee song unveiled
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Andrew to receive BASCA Fellowship
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jessie J reunite
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Phantom celebrates 10,000 performances in the West End
- Highclere Castle
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- Happy Birthday to the London Palladium…
- Love Never Dies Australian premiere announced
- Andrew hosts centenary celebration for the London Palladium
- Andrew to perform in Julian Lloyd Webber’s 60th Anniversary Gala
- A statement from Andrew
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle is your Dorothy!
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Bombay Dreams Movie Announcement
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew to appear on The Graham Norton Show
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- West End Story: What Nancy, Joseph and Maria Did Next
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- Behind the scenes on “Wetten, Das?”
- Filming the Over The Rainbow trailer
- Andrew’s off to see the Wizard… and revisiting the South Bank Show
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- The South Bank Show Revisited
- Andrew and Katherine Jenkins on Dancing On Ice
- Your Country Does Need You! Jade is the winner
- We meet Eurovision’s Bucks Fizz
- And then there were three…
- Unbreak our Eurovision hearts
- The Eurovision zoo…
- Chris Moyles The Musical?
- Triumphant night for TV’s Nancy
- A Lulu of a Eurovision
- Double whammy Grammy
- Lee Mead’s final performance as Joseph in the West End
- Grammy Award Winner joins Andrew in his quest for Eurovision glory
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber sets new record
- Your Country Needs Them…
- The first instalment from our Eurovision blogger
- Rachel leaves I’d Do Anything semi final
- Andrew to receive Woodrow Wilson Award
- It’s goodbye Niamh!
- Andrew and the Nancy’s meet Celine Dion
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 11th May
- The Phantom of the Opera goes digital!
- Andrew’s speech to the House of Lords
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 4th May
- Could Jenna be Nancy?
- A Tribute Concert for Steven Pimlott
- I‘d Do Anything: Blog 1
- Thank you to chinamusical.net
- Playbill Unmasks Phantom Lyricist
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to be ‘American Idol‘ mentor
- Michael Ball Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber
- I’d Do Anything begins on BBC1
- Andrew and Madeleine set the record straight
- Andrew’s Special Award from SOLT
20th, May, 2016
School of Rock to open at the New London Theatre
Public booking will open on 25 May 2016 for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s West End production of School of Rock – The Musical. Previewing at the New London Theatre from 24 October 2016 with opening night on 14 November 2016, School of Rock – The Musical is initially booking to 12 February 2017.
Based on the smash hit 2003 film of the same title, School of Rock features music from the movie, as well as new music written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Glenn Slater and a book by Julian Fellowes. School of Rock – The Musical is directed by Laurence Connor with choreography by JoAnn M. Hunter, set and costume designs by Anna Louizos, lighting design by Natasha Katz, sound design by Mick Potter and music supervision by John Rigby.
The nationwide search is underway to find the three teams of thirteen young performers who will join the cast to rock out live on stage each night.
Down-on-his-luck wannabe rock star Dewey Finn poses as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school to make ends meet. When he discovers his students’ musical talents, he enlists his fifth-graders to form a rock group and conquer the Battle of the Bands.
School of Rock –The Musical received its world premiere at the Winter Garden Theatre in November last year and has subsequently garnered 20 Broadway Theatre Awards nominations including four Tony nominations – Best Musical, Best Book of a Musical, Best Original Score and Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical. At the Broadway opening guests included Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks, Helen Mirren, Sting as well as the complete “kids” cast from the original School of Rock film. Earlier this month Jack Black who played the role of Dewey in the original film School of Rock, met with the US cast and declared the show “a Broadway masterpiece.” In October last year School of Rock – The Musical released a 360° music video, shot in a real NYC classroom and featuring the song You’re in the Band, that generated over 1 million views in three days on YouTube and Facebook combined, the fastest Broadway video ever to reach 1 million views. Over the 2015 holiday period School of Rock – The Musical twice broke the house record at the Winter Garden Theatre, previously home to Cats and Mamma Mia! In April Grammy Award-winning Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks made her Broadway debut at School of Rock – The Musical when she surprised the audience by taking to the stage and singing Rhiannon with the musical’s kid band. School of Rock – The Musical was the first original British musical ever to premiere on Broadway.
The Broadway opening was accompanied by another US first, when Andrew Lloyd Webber also launched a nationwide release of the rights for schools and youth groups to create their own productions of School of Rock – The Musical using the exact same score as the Broadway show. Here in the UK, plans are well advanced to replicate that success ensuring that schools, colleges and youth groups can look forward to being able to license School of Rock – The Musical very soon.
Produced by Paramount Pictures, the 2003 hit film School of Rock was directed by Richard Linklater and starred Jack Black in a career-defining performance.
The Broadway production of School of Rock – The Musical continues at the Winter Garden Theatre, currently booking to 5 February 2017 and a national Company will launch a US Tour in the Autumn of 2017, playing coast-to-coast engagements across America.
School of Rock — The Musical is produced in the West End by Andrew Lloyd Webber for The Really Useful Group and Warner Music Group & Access Industries with Madeleine Lloyd Webber as Executive Producer.