- Over The Rainbow Canada
- Andrew on This Morning
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Official Diamond Jubilee song unveiled
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Andrew to receive BASCA Fellowship
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jessie J reunite
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Phantom celebrates 10,000 performances in the West End
- Highclere Castle
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- Happy Birthday to the London Palladium…
- Love Never Dies Australian premiere announced
- Andrew hosts centenary celebration for the London Palladium
- Andrew to perform in Julian Lloyd Webber’s 60th Anniversary Gala
- A statement from Andrew
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle is your Dorothy!
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Bombay Dreams Movie Announcement
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew to appear on The Graham Norton Show
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- West End Story: What Nancy, Joseph and Maria Did Next
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- Behind the scenes on “Wetten, Das?”
- Filming the Over The Rainbow trailer
- Andrew’s off to see the Wizard… and revisiting the South Bank Show
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- The South Bank Show Revisited
- Andrew and Katherine Jenkins on Dancing On Ice
- Your Country Does Need You! Jade is the winner
- We meet Eurovision’s Bucks Fizz
- And then there were three…
- Unbreak our Eurovision hearts
- The Eurovision zoo…
- Chris Moyles The Musical?
- Triumphant night for TV’s Nancy
- A Lulu of a Eurovision
- Double whammy Grammy
- Lee Mead’s final performance as Joseph in the West End
- Grammy Award Winner joins Andrew in his quest for Eurovision glory
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber sets new record
- Your Country Needs Them…
- The first instalment from our Eurovision blogger
- Rachel leaves I’d Do Anything semi final
- Andrew to receive Woodrow Wilson Award
- It’s goodbye Niamh!
- Andrew and the Nancy’s meet Celine Dion
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 11th May
- The Phantom of the Opera goes digital!
- Andrew’s speech to the House of Lords
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 4th May
- Could Jenna be Nancy?
- A Tribute Concert for Steven Pimlott
- I‘d Do Anything: Blog 1
- Thank you to chinamusical.net
- Playbill Unmasks Phantom Lyricist
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to be ‘American Idol‘ mentor
- Michael Ball Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber
- I’d Do Anything begins on BBC1
- Andrew and Madeleine set the record straight
- Andrew’s Special Award from SOLT
24th, May, 2012
Over The Rainbow Canada
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW THERE’S A DOROTHY. COULD IT BE YOU?
CBC launches nationwide search for Dorothy on June 1, to appear on CBC Television’s OVER THE RAINBOW and star in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Canadian production of The Wizard of Oz.
“The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true”. So says the timeless classic song “Over the Rainbow”, and that’s exactly what will happen for one aspiring performer who will be selected the winner of OVER THE RAINBOW, the exciting new live competition series coming to CBC Television this fall, produced by Temple Street Productions. The winning Dorothy will star in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new production of The Wizard of Oz, opening at the Ed Mirvish Theatre in Toronto this December.
“We’re looking for a fresh new star in the making, and Canadians will play a key role in helping us to find our “Dorothy,” said David Mirvish, Mirvish Productions. “The new Dorothy must be able to not only sing, act and dance at a high level, but also have the charisma and presence to carry a marquee production on one of the country’s largest stages night after night.”
The nationwide search opens with live auditions starting Friday, June 1 in Vancouver, followed by stops in Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal, Halifax and Toronto. Those auditioning are asked to prepare “Over the Rainbow” and another song of their choice. For further details, visit cbc.ca/overtherainbow.
Live Audition Schedule:
Friday June 1st Vancouver The Westin Grand Vancouver 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday June 2nd Vancouver The Westin Grand Vancouver 9:30am to 1:30pm
Sunday, June 3rd Calgary Sheraton Suites Calgary 9:30am – 6:00pm
Monday, June 4th Winnipeg Fairmont 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday, June 9th Montreal The Sheraton Centre 9:30am to 6:00pm
Sunday, June 10th Halifax Westin Nova Scotian 9:30am to 6:00pm
Monday, June 18th Toronto Glenn Gould Studios, CBC 9:30am to 6:00pm
For those unable to attend the live auditions, there’s also a unique opportunity to submit your performance online at cbc.ca/overtherainbow with the Ticket to Oz contest, which will offer one talented individual a place in the Top 100.
In addition, there will also be a secondary search for the role of Toto, which will be featured on weekly Monday night results episodes of OVER THE RAINBOW. The winning Toto will appear in the finale episode of OVER THE RAINBOW.
Starting in September, host Daryn Jones will introduce the 10 finalists who will compete live on OVER THE RAINBOW Sunday nights on CBC Television, singing a mixture of Broadway and pop songs each week. Then, in half-hour results episodes on Monday nights, the bottom two Dorothys (as determined by an online public vote) will face-off and one participant will be saved from elimination by the judges. The competition will culminate in a showdown between the final three, with Lord Lloyd Webber himself in attendance, and Canada choosing the winner.