- Over The Rainbow Canada
- Andrew on This Morning
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Official Diamond Jubilee song unveiled
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Andrew to receive BASCA Fellowship
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jessie J reunite
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Phantom celebrates 10,000 performances in the West End
- Highclere Castle
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- Happy Birthday to the London Palladium…
- Love Never Dies Australian premiere announced
- Andrew hosts centenary celebration for the London Palladium
- Andrew to perform in Julian Lloyd Webber’s 60th Anniversary Gala
- A statement from Andrew
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle is your Dorothy!
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Bombay Dreams Movie Announcement
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew to appear on The Graham Norton Show
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- West End Story: What Nancy, Joseph and Maria Did Next
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- Behind the scenes on “Wetten, Das?”
- Filming the Over The Rainbow trailer
- Andrew’s off to see the Wizard… and revisiting the South Bank Show
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- The South Bank Show Revisited
- Andrew and Katherine Jenkins on Dancing On Ice
- Your Country Does Need You! Jade is the winner
- We meet Eurovision’s Bucks Fizz
- And then there were three…
- Unbreak our Eurovision hearts
- The Eurovision zoo…
- Chris Moyles The Musical?
- Triumphant night for TV’s Nancy
- A Lulu of a Eurovision
- Double whammy Grammy
- Lee Mead’s final performance as Joseph in the West End
- Grammy Award Winner joins Andrew in his quest for Eurovision glory
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber sets new record
- Your Country Needs Them…
- The first instalment from our Eurovision blogger
- Rachel leaves I’d Do Anything semi final
- Andrew to receive Woodrow Wilson Award
- It’s goodbye Niamh!
- Andrew and the Nancy’s meet Celine Dion
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 11th May
- The Phantom of the Opera goes digital!
- Andrew’s speech to the House of Lords
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 4th May
- Could Jenna be Nancy?
- A Tribute Concert for Steven Pimlott
- I‘d Do Anything: Blog 1
- Thank you to chinamusical.net
- Playbill Unmasks Phantom Lyricist
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to be ‘American Idol‘ mentor
- Michael Ball Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber
- I’d Do Anything begins on BBC1
- Andrew and Madeleine set the record straight
- Andrew’s Special Award from SOLT
24th, February, 2012
Gary Barlow and Andrew Lloyd Webber team up for Diamond Jubilee song
Andrew Lloyd Webber and Gary Barlow today announced that they are working together to compose a special song to celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, which will feature artists and contributors from the UK and the Commonwealth.
The result of their collaboration will be performed at the star-studded Diamond Jubilee Concert outside Buckingham Palace on 4th June.
To help create this unique piece of music, Gary will embark on a journey around the world to discover what The Queen means to the ordinary people of the Commonwealth. His journey will feature in an hour-long documentary for BBC One, commissioned by Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One.
The challenge will be to not only explore the different musical cultures and traditions of these Commonwealth nations, but he will also look at the importance of The Queen to the Commonwealth.
Speaking about their collaboration, Andrew Lloyd Webber said: “It is a huge honour to be involved in this historic occasion and I am looking forward very much to working with Gary.”
Gary Barlow said: “’This is probably the biggest challenge I’ve ever taken on musically, I’m so excited and thrilled to be a part of it.”
The programme will be Executive Produced for the BBC by Mirella Breda, and Executive Produced & Directed by Ben Winston and Produced by Mark Jones for Fulwell 73.
In addition, it was also announced today that applications for tickets to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert have topped 1,000,000.
For further information, please see www.bbc.co.uk/diamondjubilee.