- Aspects of Love
- Bombay Dreams
- By Jeeves
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Love Never Dies
- School of Rock
- Song and Dance
- Starlight Express
- Stephen Ward
- Sunset Boulevard
- Tell Me on a Sunday
- The Beautiful Game
- The Likes of Us
- The Phantom of the Opera
- The Sound of Music
The Wizard of Oz
- Danielle Wade wins CBC’s Over The Rainbow
- Wizard of Oz nominated in 2012 Olivier Awards
- There’s NOSE place like home
- Royal Variety Performance broadcast
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to greet the Royal Party at this year’s Royal Variety Performance
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- We’re off to see the Wizard – and it’s Michael Crawford!
- Andrew visits Cardiff for a special announcement about Sophie Evans
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- Andrew in Manchester
- Andrew begins his search for Dorothy
- Could you be Dorothy?
- The Woman in White
- Whistle Down the Wind
22nd, May, 2010
Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
PRESS RELEASE – OVER THE RAINBOW FINAL
Tonight’s grand finale of Over the Rainbow on BBC ONE saw Danielle triumph in the public vote and win the role of Dorothy in the new West End production of The Wizard of Oz. One year old Mini Schnauzer Dave pawed the coveted Toto role.
Immediately after landing the role Danielle said “ _I really don’t think that thank you is enough, to the crew, everyone backstage, the panel, Andrew, the amazing public, everyone who comes here every week supporting us and the people at home. It really feels like it’s not enough but thanks to the girls, friends for life!_”
Legendary composer and producer Andrew Lloyd Webber had, for the first time in the series, no say in the choosing of his new leading lady as viewers voted to select their Dorothy. He was thrilled with the public’s choice saying “_I’m really pleased with the result, the nation has never got it wrong and now is where the hard work begins. You acted that part from your very soul, that’s very very special_.”
Over the course of a tense and dramatic evening, Danielle performed alongside fellow finalists Lauren and Sophie, who all set out to prove to the public that they had the voice and acting ability to become a West End leading lady.
After an opening performance of the Wizard of Oz Medley, each finalist performed a solo and a trio performance with the Scarecrow, the Lion and the Tin Man. The eight Dorothys no longer in the competition also performed ‘Empire State of Mind’ by Alicia Keys.
After performing their songs and receiving the usual round of feedback from Andrew Lloyd Webber and the expert panel of Sheila Hancock, Charlotte Church and John Partridge, the Dorothys faced an anxious wait to find out who was in third place.
At the end of the first live show, Lauren Samuels received the fewest votes, meaning she would not be Dorothy.
On hearing the announcement Lauren said “_I’ve learned so much about myself as a performer and as a person. I’ve made some incredible friends, friends for life. I just want to say a massive thank you to Andrew, the panel and to all the backstage crew, hair, make up, everybody. It’s just been fantastic._”
Andrew commented: “I’d be proud to work with you – you know my number and I know yours, so we’ll be in touch!”
In the second live show of the evening, the two remaining finalists – Sophie Evans and Danielle Hope – both performed ‘Over the Rainbow’, as well as their favourite songs of the series – ‘Reflection’ by Christina Aguilera for Sophie and ‘Mambo Italiano’ by Rosemary Clooney for Danielle.
It was then time for Graham to announce that Danielle had won the competition and would be taking the lead role in The Wizard of Oz, leaving Sophie in second place.
Sophie said after the show “_I’m just feeling that there’s a future out there for me, Dorothy obviously wasn’t the role for me and I wish Danielle the absolute best of luck in the world. It’s been the best opportunity, the best training and I wouldn’t change it for the world, we are all friends for life, this isn’t the end!_”
As well as announcing our winning Dorothy, it was also revealed that Dangerous Dave had won the role of Toto and would be playing him in a one off gala performance.
Rachel Owen, Dave’s owner commented on the win: “I am over the moon and so glad he has won. He really deserves it as he is such a little doggie superstar! He’s so laid back, that things don’t tend to get to him, but who knows, if he starts getting a few fans, it may go to his head and he might develop a certain strut to his walk! I think he’ll be very popular on his daily walks.“
Dave added “Woof ”