- Over The Rainbow Canada
- Andrew on This Morning
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Official Diamond Jubilee song unveiled
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Andrew to receive BASCA Fellowship
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jessie J reunite
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Phantom celebrates 10,000 performances in the West End
- Highclere Castle
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- Happy Birthday to the London Palladium…
- Love Never Dies Australian premiere announced
- Andrew hosts centenary celebration for the London Palladium
- Andrew to perform in Julian Lloyd Webber’s 60th Anniversary Gala
- A statement from Andrew
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle is your Dorothy!
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Bombay Dreams Movie Announcement
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew to appear on The Graham Norton Show
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- West End Story: What Nancy, Joseph and Maria Did Next
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- Behind the scenes on “Wetten, Das?”
- Filming the Over The Rainbow trailer
- Andrew’s off to see the Wizard… and revisiting the South Bank Show
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- The South Bank Show Revisited
- Andrew and Katherine Jenkins on Dancing On Ice
- Your Country Does Need You! Jade is the winner
- We meet Eurovision’s Bucks Fizz
- And then there were three…
- Unbreak our Eurovision hearts
- The Eurovision zoo…
- Chris Moyles The Musical?
- Triumphant night for TV’s Nancy
- A Lulu of a Eurovision
- Double whammy Grammy
- Lee Mead’s final performance as Joseph in the West End
- Grammy Award Winner joins Andrew in his quest for Eurovision glory
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber sets new record
- Your Country Needs Them…
- The first instalment from our Eurovision blogger
- Rachel leaves I’d Do Anything semi final
- Andrew to receive Woodrow Wilson Award
- It’s goodbye Niamh!
- Andrew and the Nancy’s meet Celine Dion
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 11th May
- The Phantom of the Opera goes digital!
- Andrew’s speech to the House of Lords
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 4th May
- Could Jenna be Nancy?
- A Tribute Concert for Steven Pimlott
- I‘d Do Anything: Blog 1
- Thank you to chinamusical.net
- Playbill Unmasks Phantom Lyricist
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to be ‘American Idol‘ mentor
- Michael Ball Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber
- I’d Do Anything begins on BBC1
- Andrew and Madeleine set the record straight
- Andrew’s Special Award from SOLT
26th, July, 2012
A Superstar is Born!
Ben Forster Wins Role of ‘Jesus’ in UK’s first ever arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Starring Alongside Tim Minchin, Melanie C and Chris Moyles
Bringing live musical theatre to an arena audience
Tickets Selling Fast
Ben Forster will play the leading role of ‘Jesus’ in the first ever UK arena tour of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar. Ben will join Tim Minchin as ‘Judas Iscariot’, Melanie C as ‘Mary Magdalene’ and Chris Moyles as ‘King Herod’ to tour arenas in 11 cities around the UK and Ireland. The tour starts at London’s O2 Arena on 21 September and ends at Sheffield’s Motorpoint on 21 October.
Ben, who tonight came first in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s television casting show ‘Superstar’ said, “This is a dream come true. I’m a massive fan of Andrew’s work. To have the chance to perform in front of hundreds of thousands of people in an arena with such an amazing cast is a real honour. Rehearsals start in two weeks and I just can’t wait to get stuck in to the role.”
For the first time in the history of musical theatre, 60,000 people will see Jesus Christ Superstar in its opening week. The arena tour has already sold in excess of 100,000 tickets and generated advance box office sales of over £5 million. Jesus Christ Superstar will give arena audiences the opportunity to witness a full production of the musical including a full staging and live band. Fans from Cardiff to Newcastle to Glasgow will be able to experience this legendary rock classic on an arena stage for the very first time.
Andrew Lloyd Webber commented: “Once again, the British public have got it right. Ben is a true rock star and he just oozes arenability. The UK has a lot to look forward to when he takes on this iconic role.”
Melanie C added: “My leading man has been found! It’s been great to watch Ben get to the final, he’s worked so hard and has consistently got it right. I’m really looking forward to working with him on the tour.”
The spectacular production will come alive with a set and lighting design by Mark Fisher and Patrick Woodroffe, who have previously created designs for the likes of the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and U2. The show will be directed by Laurence Connor, the acclaimed director best known for the 25th Anniversary performance of The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall, the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Misérables at London’s O2 arena, and the new UK tour of The Phantom of the Opera.
Jesus Christ Superstar Tour Dates:
Friday 21 September London The O2
Saturday 22 September London The O2 (MATINEE PERFORMANCE)
Saturday 22 September London The O2
Tuesday 25 September Glasgow SECC
Friday 28 September Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
Sunday 30 September Manchester Arena
Tuesday 2 October Cardiff Motorpoint
Wednesday 3 October Cardiff Motorpoint
Thursday 4 October Birmingham NIA
Tuesday 9 October Belfast Odyssey
Friday 12 October Dublin O2
Tuesday 16 October Liverpool Echo Arena
Friday 19 October Nottingham Capital FM Arena
Sunday 21 October Sheffield Motorpoint
Tickets for the Jesus Christ Superstar UK arena tour are on sale now from www.jesuschristsuperstar.com