- Over The Rainbow Canada
- Andrew on This Morning
- First O2 show sold out! Second date added
- Superstar – Live Show Announcement
- Official Diamond Jubilee song unveiled
- Jesus Christ Superstar UK Arena Tour
- Andrew to receive BASCA Fellowship
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jessie J reunite
- Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar Tony nominations
- Phantom celebrates 10,000 performances in the West End
- Highclere Castle
- Over The Rainbow…Where Are They Now?
- Happy Birthday to the London Palladium…
- Love Never Dies Australian premiere announced
- Andrew hosts centenary celebration for the London Palladium
- Andrew to perform in Julian Lloyd Webber’s 60th Anniversary Gala
- A statement from Andrew
- Oz Blog: The winner is revealed
- The last Dorothy mission….
- Oz Blog: The Final Countdown
- Danielle is your Dorothy!
- Danielle you are Dorothy… and here comes Dangerous Dave as Toto!
- Danielle, Lauren and Sophie have a go at Polo!
- The winning Dorothy to release charity single
- Sierra meets the Dorothys!
- Oz: Blog: Andrew makes his final choice and the final three are revealed
- Bombay Dreams Movie Announcement
- Oz Blog: The Fantastic Four
- Andrew to appear on The Graham Norton Show
- Andrew meets Bobby…
- Oz Blog: The second sing-off
- Oz Blog: A Dorothy Cull…
- We’re off to see The Wizard of Oz!
- From Nancy to Dorothy: A message from Sam and Niamh
- Oz Blog: An Emotional Goodbye
- Oz Blog: An audience with the Lord
- Andrew and the Dorothys get ready for their close up…
- An Over the Rainbow update from Andrew
- Andrew gets ready for next week’s Over The Rainbow
- It’s Toto time for Andrew…
- Oz Blog: Standing ovations as we say another goodbye
- Oz Blog: A chorus of Angels…
- Oz Blog: Another sad goodbye…
- Behind the scenes at Over The Rainbow
- Oz Blog: Making a Song and Dance
- Oz Blog: It’s goodbye to another of our Dorothies…
- Oz Blog: A Class Act
- Oz Blog: The first Dorothy flies over the rainbow
- Oz Blog: The first live show… and the public get to choose
- West End Story: What Nancy, Joseph and Maria Did Next
- Oz Blog: 20 become 10…
- Oz Blog: Over The Rainbow kicks off with weekend special
- Behind the scenes on “Wetten, Das?”
- Filming the Over The Rainbow trailer
- Andrew’s off to see the Wizard… and revisiting the South Bank Show
- BBC ONE Follows the Yellow Brick Road, Over the Rainbow
- The South Bank Show Revisited
- Andrew and Katherine Jenkins on Dancing On Ice
- Your Country Does Need You! Jade is the winner
- We meet Eurovision’s Bucks Fizz
- And then there were three…
- Unbreak our Eurovision hearts
- The Eurovision zoo…
- Chris Moyles The Musical?
- Triumphant night for TV’s Nancy
- A Lulu of a Eurovision
- Double whammy Grammy
- Lee Mead’s final performance as Joseph in the West End
- Grammy Award Winner joins Andrew in his quest for Eurovision glory
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber sets new record
- Your Country Needs Them…
- The first instalment from our Eurovision blogger
- Rachel leaves I’d Do Anything semi final
- Andrew to receive Woodrow Wilson Award
- It’s goodbye Niamh!
- Andrew and the Nancy’s meet Celine Dion
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 11th May
- The Phantom of the Opera goes digital!
- Andrew’s speech to the House of Lords
- I’d Do Anything Results: Sunday 4th May
- Could Jenna be Nancy?
- A Tribute Concert for Steven Pimlott
- I‘d Do Anything: Blog 1
- Thank you to chinamusical.net
- Playbill Unmasks Phantom Lyricist
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to be ‘American Idol‘ mentor
- Michael Ball Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber
- I’d Do Anything begins on BBC1
- Andrew and Madeleine set the record straight
- Andrew’s Special Award from SOLT
14th, October, 2015
YOU’RE IN THE BAND! First-of-its-kind 360° music video from “School of Rock – the Musical”
Andrew Lloyd Webber will release a fully immersive 360° music video for “You’re in the Band,” a musical number from his upcoming Broadway show, School of Rock – The Musical, today, Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
Shot in a real NYC classroom, this innovative 360° video produced for the Broadway production is one of the first of its kind on YouTube or Facebook. The video, was designed by Andrew Lloyd Webber and School of Rock book writer Julian Fellowes to take full advantage of new 360° technology and allows you to navigate all angles of the classroom for an exciting and immersive experience of the song. The 360° video will accompany a new single of “You’re in the Band” produced by Lloyd Webber and legendary music producer, Rob Cavallo, to be released by Warner Bros. Records.
Andrew Lloyd Webber said:
“I am proud that School of Rock is not just the first musical to take this leap into the future, but that this video of “You’re in the Band” is the first time anyone has used the 360° medium in this way. It could open a lot of doors.”
What is a 360° Video?
360° videos provide a virtual reality experience; they do this by allowing users to change their perspective in real-time during playback. Users can move the camera in any direction throughout the course of the video, putting them right in the middle of the action at all times.
Which devices/operating systems support 360° videos?
This video demands the latest and greatest web technology. We’re pushing the boundaries, so there isn’t universal device or browser support yet. We hope you can experience it – check our handy guide below!
On your Mobile & Tablet:
To watch on YouTube: Visit goo.gl/vr/sor360 and open in the latest version of the YouTube app on either Android 8+ or iOS 8+. 360° videos aren’t currently viewable on the Youtube mobile site. The link should open in the YouTube app automatically, but some settings on your device might default to opening in a browser (which won’t support 360° video). If this happens, open the YouTube app, and search for the “School of Rock The Musical” channel. The 360° video will be available under the “Videos” tab.
To watch on Facebook: Visit fb.me/sor360 on Android 4.3+ and make sure you’re using the latest version of the Facebook app. 360° videos on Facebook aren’t currently viewable on iOS.
On your Desktop:
To watch on YouTube: Visit goo.gl/vr/sor360 in the latest version of Chrome for the best experience. You can also view in the latest versions of Opera or Firefox. 360° videos on YouTube aren’t currently viewable on Safari or Internet Explorer.
To watch on Facebook: Visit fb.me/sor360 and make sure you’re using the latest version of your web browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox). 360° videos on Facebook aren’t currently viewable on Safari or Internet Explorer.