Andrew Lloyd Webber’s awards include:
- 1 Oscar – (Best Original Song)
- 1 Golden Globe – (Best Original Song)
- 7 Tony awards
- 7 Laurence Olivier awards
- 3 Grammy awards
- 14 Ivor Novello awards
- 2 International Emmy Awards
- The Triple Play award from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- American Songwriters’ Hall of Fame
- Praemium Imperiale award for music 1995
- Richard Rodgers award for Excellence in Musical Theatre 1996
- a BASCA Fellowship
- The Kennedy Center Honor
- London Critics’ Circle Award for Best Musical 2000
Andrew was knighted in 1992 and created an honorary life peer in 1997.
Early in 1998, Andrew was honoured with Variety’s first British Entertainment Personality Of The Year Award.
Cats, together with Starlight Express and Jesus Christ Superstar, gave Andrew the three longest-running musicals in British theatre history. The Phantom of the Opera has celebrated over 25 years in London’s West End, and also on Broadway, New York, where it is still the longest-running musical in Broadway history.
Andrew is also the first person to have a trio of musicals running in London and New York.